Department of Engineering Science
Mighty River Power Chair
Head of Department, Department of Engineering Science
Director, Geothermal Institute
70 Symonds Street
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 84517
Rosalind Archer joined the Department of Engineering Science in 2002 as a lecturer. Previously she had been an Assistant Professor in the Petroleum Engineering Department at Texas A&M University.
She has research interests in reservoir engineering in geothermal and petroleum reservoirs.
PhD in Petroleum Engineering and PhD minor in Geological and Environmental Science, Stanford University
MS in Petroleum Engineering, Stanford University
BE in Engineering Science, University of Auckland
- Petroleum reservoir engineering (well testing, reservoir simulation, reservoir characterisation)
- Modelling wind flows for wind farm design and optimisation
- Gas hydrates
- Geothermal energy
ENERGY 722 - Energy Technology
2013 Dempsey, D., Ellis, S.., Rowland, J.V, Archer, R.A.: "Hydrological effects of dip-slip fault rupture on a hydrothermal plumes", Journal Geophysical Research, 118, 1, 195-211.
2012 Dempsey, D., Ellis, S., Archer, R. and Rowland, J.: "Energetics of Normal Earthquakes on Dip-slip Faults", Geology, 40 (3), pp. 279-282.
2011 Archer, R., Nates, G., Donovan, S. and Waterer, H.: "Wind Turbine Interference in a Wind Farm Layout Optimization Mixed Integer Linear Programming Model", Wind Engineering, 35, 2, 165-175.
2011 Han, J.-C., Taberner, A.J., Kirton, R.S., Nielsen, P.F., Archer, R., Kim, N. and Loiselle, D.S.: "Radius-dependent Decline of Performance in Isolate Cardiac Muscle does not Reflect Inadequacy of Diffusive Oxygen Supply", Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol., 300, 4, pp. H1222-H1236.
- Coordinator, Master of Energy degree.
- Head of Department, Department of Engineering Science.
- Director, Geothermal Institute.
- Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists.
- Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics.