Department of Engineering Science
Matthias grew up in the Palatinate region of Germany. He studied mathematics, computer science and economics at the University of Kaiserslautern in Germany. In 2000 Matthias joined the Department of Engineering Science as a Lecturer. In 2002 he was promoted to Senior Lecturer and in 2004 to Associate Professor. From 2006 to 2008 he also held the position of directeur de recherche at Laboratoire d’Informatique de Nantes Atlantique in France. In 2011 he became Professor and the seventh Head of the Department of Engineering Science. Matthias is now a Professor at the Lancaster University Management School.
Habilitation in Mathematics, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
PhD in Mathematics, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
Diplom in Wirtschaftsmathematik (MSc), University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Theory methods and application of multiobjective optimisation and equilibrium problems
- Optimisation in medicine
- Optimisation in transportation
Ehrgott, M. Multicriteria Optimization (Second Edition). Berlin, Springer, 323 pages, 2005.
Ehrgott, M.; Güler, Ç.; Hamacher, H.W.; Shao, L. `Mathematical optimization in intensity modulated radiation therapy’ Annals of Operations Research, 175, 309-365, 2010.
Przybylski, A.; Gandibleux, X.; Ehrgott, M. `A two phase method for multi-objective integer programming and its application to the assignment problem with three objectives’ Discrete Optimization, 7, 149-165, 2010.
Ehrgott, M.; Gandibleux, X. `A survey and annotated bibliography of multicriteria combinatorial optimization’ OR Spektrum, 22, 425-460, 2000
- Vice President of the Operations Research Society of New Zealand
- Member of the Executive Committee of the International Society for Multiple Criteria Decision Making
- Member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), the Gesellschaft für Operations Research, the Mathematical Optimization Society
- Editorial Board of Management Science, OR Spectrum, 4OR, Algorithmic OR, Computers & OR, Flexible Services and Manufacturing Journal, INFOR, TOP, Optimization, Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research